How to Instantly Remove the Background From Your Photo/Image
There are three main ways to use this tool — through the website, download the tool, and as a Photoshop extension.
Removing the background of an image through their website
- Go to Remove.bg in your web browser
- Select the image you want to edit or simply enter an image URL
- Complete the verification process to prove you are a human user
- The removal process is automatic so simply wait for the result
- Review your results and download your new image
- Download the remove.bg software on your computer and run it
- Follow the on-screen prompts until the installation is complete and set up your API key
- After the set up is done, you’re now ready to put it to work. Open the application and simply drag your image into the window.
- Click Start and wait for the image to get cut out automatically
- The best part is that you can drag multiple images on the window and it will cut them all out one by one. You can also define the new background that you want for your image, from transparent to white and other colored backgrounds, simply set your preferences and they will apply to the file
- Get started by installing the remove.bg photoshop extension from the Adobe Exchange. You should note, however, that this extension supports the Photoshop CC 2018 version or newer.
- You’ll need an active Internet connection and an API key before you can begin using the extension.
- After installing it, a new menu option will become available under Extensions → Remove Background. Simply click the button to remove the background from the image (or selection) in Photoshop that is currently opened.
- You can also make quick and easy adjustments to the photo using the layer mask feature on Photoshop. Use this to remove or restore regions of the image with a one-click starting point.
Removing the background of an image through the downloaded tool
Removing the background of an image through the Photoshop extension
Why would you want to remove the background from an image?
There are several reasons why you might want us to remove the background from a photo. For one, the background may simply be unwanted; perhaps it makes the image look too ‘busy’ and draws focus away from what you’re trying to highlight in the image in the first place.
In some cases, you may want to cut out an image from its background so that you can superimpose the focal point of the image into another photo. A good example of this is with company logos where you want a transparent background so that it is easier to use across different channels without having to edit it every time. And there are also scenarios like having an image with a blurry or dull background, or an unwanted person or stranger interrupted the photo and you want to cut them out, or even in the e-commerce sphere where a product looks best on a plain white background.
In any case, remove.bg can be a helpful tool in your marketing arsenal. It is fast and the process is automatic. It’s really that simple. Give it a try today!